by The Post Trib Network
Perilous Times Shall Come
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim. 3:1-7
1 Timothy 3:1-7 show we are living in the last days.
1. perilous times - hard to do, to take, to approach, hard to bear, troublesome, dangerous, harsh, fierce, savage.
2. lovers of their own selves - loving one's self, too intent on one's interest, selfish.
3. covetous - loving money, avarice.
4. boasters - an empty pretender, a boaster.
5. proud - showing one's self above others, overtopping, conspicuous above others, pre-eminentwith an overweening estimate of one's means or merits, despising others or even treating them with contempt, haughty.
6. blasphemers - speaking evil, slanderous, reproachful, railing, abusive.
7. disobedient to parents - impersuasible, not compliant, disobedient, contumacious.
8. unthankful - ungracious, unpleasing.
9. unholy - impious, wicked.
10. without natural affections - unsociable, inhuman, unloving.
11. trucebreakers - without a treaty or covenant, of things not mutually agreed upon, abstinences from hostilities,that cannot be persuaded to enter into a covenant, implacable.
12. false accusers - prone to slander, slanderous, accusing falsely, a calumniator, false accuser, slanderer, applied to a man who, by opposing the cause of God, may be said to act the part of the devil or to side with him. 13. incontinent - without self-control, intemperate.
14. fierce - not tame, savage.
15. despisers of those that are good - opposed to goodness and good men.
16. traitors - a betrayer.
17. heady - to fall forwards, headlong, sloping, precipitously, precipitate, rash, reckless.
18. highminded - to make proud, puff up with pride, render insolent, to be puffed up with haughtiness or pride, to blind with pride or conceit, to render foolish or stupid, beclouded, besotted.
19. lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God - loving things that please them more than loving God.
20. Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof - Trying to be godly without God, doing it on your own, leaning on your own understanding.