|GODHEAD STUDIES (29)||SALVATION STUDIES (6)|
|PROPHECY STUDIES (60)||MISCELLANEOUS STUDIES (26)|
|AUDIOS (132)||VIDEOS (130)|
by The Post Trib Network
1. A PHARISEE IS PRIDEFUL - Matthew 3:9 - And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
2. A PHARISEE DOES NOT HAVE TRUE RIGHTEOUS - Matthew5:20 - For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
3. A PHARISEE IS A RESPECT OF PERSON - Matthew 9:11- 11 - And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
4. A PHARISEE DOES THINGS TO BEEN SEEN OF MEN - Matthew 9:14 - Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
5. A PHARISEE IS VERY JUDGMENTAL OF OTHERS - Matthew12:2 - But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
6. A PHARISEE IS HYPOCRITICAL - Matthew 12:16 - But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
7. A PHARISEE IS A DECEIVER, LIAR & MURDERER - Matthew 12:14 - Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
8. A PHARISEE IS DOUBTFUL - Matthew 12:24 - But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
9. A PHARISEE IS MORE CONCERNED WITH TRADITIONS OF MEN - Matthew 15:1-3 - Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
10. A PHARISEE GETS OFFENDED EASILY - Matthew15:12 - Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
11. A PHARISEE IS SPIRITUALLY BLIND - Matthew 15:14 - Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
12. A PHARISEE IS A HYPOCRITE & VAIN - Matthew 15:8 - Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
13. A PHARISEE IS A TEMPTER - Matthew 19:3 - The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
14. A PHARISEE IS JEALOUS - Matthew 21:15 - And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
15. A PHARISEE SITS IN HIGH SEATS & DO NOT DO AS THEY SAY - Matthew 23:2-3 - Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
16. A PHARISEE IS LAZY - Matthew 23:4 - For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
17. A PHARISEE SEEK GLORY OF MEN - Matthew 23:5 - But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
18. A PHARISEE LIKES TO BE CALLED BY TITLES IN PUBLIC - Matthew 23:6-7 - And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
19. A PHARISEE SHALL RECEIVE GREATER DAMNATION - Matthew 23:13-15 - But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
20. A PHARISEE IS FOOLISH & BLIND - Matthew 23:17 - Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
21. A PHARISEE IS A BLIND GUIDE - Matthew 23:24 - Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
22. A PHARISEE IS NOT CLEAN - Matthew 23:26 - Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
23. A PHARISEE IS A CHILD OF THOSE WHO KILLED THE PROPHETS OF GOD - Matthew 23:30-31 - And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.